Education Perfect ANZ competition rules
We take competition behaviour very seriously at Education Perfect. For all official competitions, we encourage all teachers and students to read the following rules thoroughly before taking part.
Find more information about our EP official events in this article.
In this article
General competition rules
- Registered students have a unique account to access Education Perfect. Any students found to be sharing logins will be disqualified.
- Any student that interferes with other students' logins will be disqualified.
- EP will select specific content that is eligible to earn points towards events. Student-made or teacher-made content is not eligible to earn points towards a competition.
- Students can revisit content to earn additional points. After their first attempt at any question, they can complete it again after 24 hours. This is within competition rules. See how our points and scoring system works here.
- Only school-age students are eligible to participate in Education Perfect competitions. Tertiary-aged students or teachers are unable to compete in events unless specified in the competition details.
- The Category your school is entered in (e.g. 1-50 students, 51-100 students) for Official EP Events is determined by how many students are enrolled to compete in the competition. If your category is inaccurate, you should remove the classes or students who are not actually competing.
- Information on how to manage participants can be found here.
We are able to detect unusual student or bot activity during competitions. Should any unfair student activity be detected during a competition, or if any of the above rules are found to have been broken, the following penalties may apply.
- Disqualification: We reserve the right to disqualify any student deemed to be not competing fairly, from either single or multiple events, where we can produce reasonable evidence to support this claim.
- Points Removal: Should a student be found to not be competing fairly, students risk having all of their Education Perfect points removed (not just their competition points). This cannot be undone.
- Suspension of Access: Minor infringements may be dealt with by suspension of a student's access to Education Perfect.
- If a student is involved in a second infringement at all during the whole Education Perfect World Series in any given calendar year, that student will be rendered ineligible for any prizes in that year.
In all infringement cases identified by Education Perfect, we will notify the teacher as soon as the behaviour has been identified. Teachers must respond within 24 hours, or student points may be removed, which cannot be undone.
The decisions of the Education Perfect team in these cases are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Timings & Time Limits
- The EP World Series events have a time limit applied of 8 hours per 24 hour period. We also encourage teachers to set their own guidelines for participation time to suit their students' needs.
- We cannot grant extra time to any student who encounters difficulties with internet access during the period of the competition.
- Should a student experience technical difficulties within the EP platform itself, please reach out to our support team as quickly as possible.
- It is the participating schools' responsibility to ensure that students are enrolled. Education Perfect will not grant extra time to schools that have not completed this process in time for the commencement of an event.
- Due to the inclusive nature of our official events, we cannot adjust competition start and finish times to suit individual students or schools.
The Education Perfect platform allows teachers to automatically download personalised student certificates from the event scoreboard once the event has concluded.
- Downloading these certificates, and printing them if desired, is the responsibility of the teacher or school.
- Due to the number of schools participating in each event, we are not able to offer bespoke or personalised certificates for other purposes.
While we strive to provide accurate data in Education Perfect, we cannot be held responsible for any damages caused by inaccuracies in points accrued within the platform.